RPA refers to the automation of RPA robot processes, which is to make regular repetitive processes into robots and let them do it. So, how can we do this kind of product?
On the first day, I received a task to be a platform. In the afternoon of the next day, the Leader will need to discuss the specific plan on the specific homepage, the market page and the ideas. What should I do?
Watching the martial art, learning style - competing product analysis
Q: What is RPA?
The RPA robot process automation is to make a regular repetitive process into a robot and let them do it.
Q: What are the more mature products of RPA?
(1) UiPath, from the process of recording robots to the release of tasks to robots, robots to complete tasks and other mature automated process full process experience (need to configure the process and orders themselves). The overall design is divided into the production of the robot's Studio, the deployment and management of the Orchestrator, and the specific implementation of the Robot.
The scalability of the entire product architecture is very strong, and different robots can be created according to different business scenarios.
Interaction and interface, Studio's design tends to fit the visual editor and mind map. Orchestrator's design is more inclined to the traditional Dashboard, the overall design is more oriented to the introduction, practical.
(2) Ali-code stack, a development-oriented process platform, the biggest advantage is that you can find the automated processes that have been provided directly, or you can create automated processes through the provided editor. The characteristics of the code stack The application market will be a popular application as a charging item, and the application can be purchased (some applications are free, most applications charge).
Interaction and interface, the code stack is more software-oriented software, directly use the customized template, change the value of the property, you can let the robot work.
(3) Automation Anywhere, each robot is an independent unit, and the business is highly targeted, which can realize the automatic execution process of cloud deployment. There is a sound monitoring system interaction and interface for the entire enterprise automation process. Automation Anywhere is a common B-side software with the addition of a mobile terminal that makes the automated process more controllable, anytime, anywhere.
Of course, there are now new Yisaiqi, UF, etc., but similarly, the purpose of RPA is to reduce process cost, improve work efficiency, and control compliance.
Q: What do we need to design?
- The first step in our product is to help companies solve the problem of overly complex and repetitive processes.
- Product differentiation, specific tool components can be extracted according to the specific business environment, components and components constitute a certain type of robot automation solution.
- The product displays the attention information for these people, lists the information that the buyer pays most attention to, screens one by one, simulates the wireframe, and reorganizes the key points together with the decision makers.
External work, to be unique - product IP visualization
Throughout the above-mentioned several products, there is a problem in propaganda: it is to use some savvy "high-tech" technical terminology to promote their products, but it is out of touch with the actual decision makers. Automation Anywhere provides an animated CG to represent complex high-tech systems.
UiPath provides a practical screen for straightforward performance, showing the smooth and convenient use of the product (currently a short small animation).
In propaganda, we use anthropomorphic methods to integrate selling points into emotional robots to provide information to different groups of people. The highlight is the combination of customer pain points and final results in the user case, and only the actual case is the most convincing. I created a robot image that I can easily associate with, starting with affinity. "I am a small K, a robot that is responsible for invoicing. I can check my work performance and running status."
The following is part of the design of the system, starting with a visualized portal and using data to monitor the operation of all types of robots. The original intention of the design is to monitor the business and actual data of the used process robot through the most intuitive "robot card" mode.
Here we talk about a business scenario and actual raw data, which is related to two user groups: one is more concerned with the results of business data, and the other is that the role of "operator" is more focused on the control of the robot. We have designed two separate pieces from the beginning. Similar to the traditional system, the business module is divided into business modules to specifically manage business data, and the management module specifically monitors the state of the robot.
There are many considerations here:
- The reality of a robotic process is that it is impossible to achieve an idealized 100% success. Therefore, the “decisive user” will pay attention to the success rate of the software. Actually, there will be many situations such as rule changes (the account password is locked multiple times and the login is locked) Wait, the failure rate will rise, and the RPA's labor results are actually the task completion, success rate and completion time;
- The actual RPA production is on the line. It takes a while to optimize the tempering period. The new robots are produced and need to be optimized through continuous testing to achieve the best condition. By knowing which step of the process has more error indexes, the point is to optimize the process;
- In order to prepare for the custom brand process IP, the development of the robot is a work assistant. The emotional design will make the system more acceptable to the user, rather than being forced to learn hard.
The IP image design is obvious in terms of publicity. In the layout of the exhibition hall, the viewer can be curious in the 1-2 minutes, and then attracted by the data of the robot.
Design has never been as simple as image design and image extension. The design of the IP image should be combined with the real scene. The combination of virtual and reality is more life-like, and people feel that there is indeed a robot partner at work. (As shown in the figure above, the image, system, and actual printed invoice scenario).
Internal strength, to be solid - process release
Publishing tasks and settings There are also many minefields, such as the most troublesome task name definition, the choice of responsible multi-level sub-process, etc. In the first period, only the necessary elements are listed, even if the developers use it very difficult.
Many aspects of this aspect have not been considered. For example, when there are more types of tasks, there are only two levels. At the time of the later open robots, it is difficult for the multi-level to find the corresponding robot. It is a bit of a misunderstanding of the tree-shaped process menu. The search can be used to find the process.
The task business profile is a difficult point for the interactive experience. Here you need to upload one or more templates. Separately looking at each input choice seems to be "very easy" to operate, but when integrated into a user, it will be difficult to initiate a task.
The second phase of optimization is defined as not just a robot performing a single process, but something the robot is performing, such as a shared robot will be responsible for:
- POS (branch) system sales payment details guide data;
- SAP other currency funds are imported;
- Receipt to be printed document number
As well as hundreds of other proprietary processes, the process of adding rules is relatively complex and relatively relaxed.
When the task is launched, the task is accurately searched. The single tree mode is definitely a complicated choice for the category, and the fuzzy search is also configured for the 7~9 common process. At this time, the optimization of the entire process business is designed. Such a task initiates a selection category item:
Comprehensive universality, taking into account the special type - multi-privileged users (one user is similar to the super administrator's authority), the complex type is commercialized, and the left-level one class defines the type of robot execution, such as: finance, sharing, Operation and maintenance, recruitment, etc. Sub-categories are also included in the first-level categories, such as: financial invoicing - easy-to-buy, invoicing - universal version, tax filing, etc.
This design is specifically designed to solve the more complex and more complicated situations. Now, if there is another problem, it is that the skilled user does not need to perform such a selection every time, but the direct keyword is blurred. Search for a list of commonly used types.
Combining the above release task module optimization, there are two points:
- Technically realized intelligent matching using record categories and automatically matching idle machines;
- Simplify configuration items, keep necessary, and complete the task in one step.
Throughout these iterations, we go from elemental stacking to design optimization, and finally to the two iterations of technology implementation optimization and design optimization.
Here I will give a typical B-end universal case. Most of the business processing on the B side is the filling and optimization of these forms. The key points can be extracted from the above cases:
- Priority process optimization;
- Re-technology optimization;
- Design optimization can complement the shortcomings of the first two, and can also build on the previous two.
The heart of the law, to be accurate - product, interaction and architectural design
In the second phase, the entire business system is being rebuilt. The original design architecture of the first phase cannot meet the needs of the business scenario. At this time, the information architecture of the entire product is required, and these shortcomings are also reflected in the experience.
Confused to the user group and function and focus on information points, there is no good relationship. In the first phase of the product, our users are very limited. The single-person department uses and completes tasks internally, and a very small number of external members use it. Therefore, in the user role, it is a comprehensive consideration through the analysis of competitive products and the results of current use.
At that time, I made a prototype of business ideas and reclassified the roles:
After a clear definition of a wide range of role relationships, more precise positioning of the more detailed 22.214.171.124.... can be defined to define the specific content of each role.
Re-categorize the information blocks and combine the “final interest points” with the products to consider:
When the team is unclear about what to do, you can stop and do a report like this, structure the information, and clarify how the team will go next.
The general situation of the team is impossible to have a perfect combination. There are full-time people to do full-time affairs. Most of the new products will encounter confusion during the development process. At this time, we need to leave the inherent identity (such as Design or development), the whole stack to see the problem, and can change the position to take the initiative to give the solution, rather than shirking responsibility. You can complete tasks quickly and efficiently. The extra time is your improvement time. What's more, in this whole process, you are product, development, and you will be more advanced.
Keep up with the times and keep learning - Looking forward to AI development and enhancing product value
(1) technology level
As deep learning technology becomes more mature, our existing regularization process will be learned and then automatically generated by the robot process. These generated code will be transferred to the IDE robot production editor as a "cloud library". The developer calls the resources of the library to shorten the development time. This is the case of artificial intelligence-assisted development.
(2) liability risk
With the increasing popularity of RPA, we need to pay more attention to security responsibility issues, such as the allocation of important account roles, whether to configure an account password for the robot alone, or to configure the account by the administrator, so that security issues can be directly found Party, not machine.
(3) profit model
- The platform is free and trains the “course” fee for the robot learning process;
- Robots can also earn "training fees" through trainers, and so on, which can add RPA added value.
With the development of 5G, RPA can also do some things that were just thought of in the past, such as intelligent agriculture that sows, fertilizes, and waters millions of acres of fields based on growth environment data. With the government monitoring popularization and intelligent computing face recognition, intelligently looking for criminals, and giving the escape route a preset ambush point.
The above requires us to have a good understanding of multi-domain knowledge, so that we will not hold back when designing, nor can we emphasize the scope of functions and do not play the role that experience designers should have.
The above is the design experience I shared, thank you for watching, I hope everyone can get something.
This article is from everyone, is a product manager,Original address